Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday...thoughts...not about Easter

I am awake after approx. 4 hours of sleep due to: insomnia (4:30am), my neighbor's kids hunting Easter eggs loudly in our courtyard (8:30am), and my unquiet mind (which is also the title of a good book about Bipolar Disorder).

I pulled a muscle in the middle of my shoulder blades yesterday as well and have been treating it with IB, a heating pad, and Thera-gesic that the VA perscribes for muscle ache throughout the night. It has helped quite a bit.

As I tried to go back to sleep my mind started racing and I realized I could not sleep, again, so I thought writing some of my thoughts might help.

Mind racing specifics: I began thinking about things I needed to do before my friend Sandra and her daughter come to stay with me for a little while...knowing that I don't have to do anything right away but still ruminating about the to-do list anyway, like trying to fix the spare bedroom door that has never closed correctly (about 4" short of closing all the way), and thinking that at least they will have the TV with two remotes so they will have volume and channel control. Then my thoughts turned to a friend, my Pastor's wife Erin, because today is her birthday and I wish I could get her something like she gave me for my birthday last year. My VA check won't come for another few weeks so I will be short on funds until then. It occured to me awhile later that I had a gift to give Erin that was handmade by my Aunt but so appropriate a gift for her from me.

Finally, I started thinking about whom I can talk to about the wisest thing I can do with the lump sum of money I will be receiving and I came up with several names. Not to be at all selfish, I began wondering if I paid everyone back, people and businesses, if I will still have the monies needed to fix my teeth which causes me a lot of frequent pain. In any case I will pray for the wisdom to make the most honorable and wisest choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment