Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thankfulness!!!

It is late Saturday night and while watching TV I started thinking about my life and decided to list a few things in this blog that I see myself doing, expecting, etc. so I can track changes.

First, I must say again how exciting it is to finally feel great without a man in my life. This is the first time I have ever lived alone and been really happy about it. I am a woman of faith and I have a great connection with my local church, Good Roots.

Now onto specific topics that crossed my mind this evening. Regarding my desired career path, in the past I thought I would like to teach customer service/ professional classes or be a seminar speaker. Later in life, I thought I might like to get into Massage Therapy or Reiki. Now I am just interested in various types of artistic expression, including photography. I am already making jewelry that I have sold on consignment at Oak Grove Crafters and I make specialty greeting cards which I sold last year for Christmas. Throughout I have been interested in writing and still hope to publish something someday, i.e. poetry, a novel, or a screenplay.

I also thought I might like to teach Bonsai classes in my community, as that would allow me to teach and practice an art. So, I decided recently, as I was planning my little backyard garden, on the supplies I will need to practice the art of Bonsai, as well. If the plants live and flourish, which they did when I practiced the art in Okinawa, then I will have an indicator about teaching it here.

As I worked on this blog the TV droned in the background. I looked up once in awhile and I saw pictures of homes for sale at one point and it occured to me that I may be in a position to purchase a home for myself in a few years. One feature I thought I would really love to find in a home is a sitting room with hardwood floors and 12' glass panel windows with a clear view that allows the sun to shine inside directly all year around which, would help warm the rest of the home. (I am guessing on the size of the windows...I saw a picture of a room like I described on TV).

Anyway, it's so nice to be able to breathe easily, to do things just for myself once in awhile, to take a trip if I chose, to visit my son, and it is such a monumental relief not to worry about paying for very simple necessities. Recent changes in my life still seem a bit surreal but I will be financially smart this time around...yes I feel I have been given a new lease on life and I will make the best of it. Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment