Sunday, April 11, 2010

Church Sunday April 11, 2010

My day started off getting up as late as possible to leave in time to make it to church on time. Fortunately, I got ready faster than normal so I arrived about 10 minutes early which, meant that I was approached about being a fill-in usher..cool I thought because I always enjoy that. I really do!

The music was good as always and I particularly love a song that I can almost sing with my eyes closed. I get into those the most, yes hands with palms up in front of me and be-bopping or swaying, depending on the tempo, too. I love my gospel/worship music! Sometimes particular parts of the lyrics affect me more than other times. I don't listen to that type of music on the radio at home (but I rarely listen to the radio at all).I have some gospel/worship songs saved in one of my YouTube playlists if that is what I am in the mood for, though I still love many kinds of music! :-)

Lenny, our esteemed Pastor, was in great form as usual. He spoke about the importance of Mission and Discipleship which struck me as a type of teaching. I just wrote last night about career paths for myself, past, present and future in which teaching/speaking careers have been predominent in my thoughts over the past 10 years. I began tearing up in church thinking OHHHH THAT'S the type of teaching I can do after I study a great deal more, sharing Christ's story with others. I still plan to spend time in artistic and creative ways as I continue my biblical studies.

I am still considered a "baby" as a Christian, since I was just baptised January of this year, so I have several women who nurture and guide me as I grow. It is great fun to share A-HA moments with them that come to me at various times. I want to thank Erin, Wendy, Jill, Christy, and Libba specifically though my church is a large family with many fantastic people. Oh and I have tried many churches over the years and this one, Good Roots Community, has been a perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment